11 hours ago
Creamy vegan tomato soup by @alexafuelednaturally
1 (29 ounces) can tomato puree
1 cup raw cashews
5 cups filtered water *divided*
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 butternut squash (4 cups chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp “no chicken” bouillon
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt (optional… if needed)
*soak cashews in filtered water for 1 hour or 20 minutes in hot water!
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
2. carefully cut off the skin from the butternut squash. *my tip is to cut in half first then cut off skin.* chop into small chunks and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender. (do not let brown)
3. meanwhile chop onion, red bell pepper and garlic into really small pieces. in a large p*t over medium heat saute garlic and onions for 3 minutes…adding 1 tbsp water throughout cooking process to prevent sticking. then add the bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
4. meanwhile drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. place soaked cashews in a blender with 2 cups of filtered water. blend for 30 seconds on high speed then add half the tomato purée, sautéed onion, garlic and bell pepper mixture and add it to a high speed blender. blend until smooth.
5. to a p*t over medium heat, pour 3 cups water and bring to a boil. add “no chicken” bouillon whisk together until dissolved. add the rest of the tomato puree, stir to combine. simmer for 5 minutes. add the blended butternut squash mixture, stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. enjoy as is or with a vegan grilled cheese!