16 minutes ago
I was honoured to be selected a judge at the deca u* 2018 provincials in toronto (one of 10 volunteer business leaders for the 'management consulting' category).
we judged up to 20 deca u participants each, in two case studies (they had only 15 minutes to read and prepare each presentation):
1. a large hospital needing to digitize to manage costs;
2. the country’s largest athabaska oils sands energy producer, evaluating its merger/acquisitions options).
an awards banquet honoured the event’s highest scores based on multiple activities, including these two case study presentations.
each year i’ve been honoured to judge (this is my 3rd), i am truly impressed by the insights and entrepreneurial spirit from each of the deca u participants i’ve met there … each one is a future leader of our business community! in fact, some are already (while in school) achieving business success - one i met is managing a successful on-campus hedge-fund initiative.
this year is the first time i scored a presentation as truly flawless (100%). i’m proud several were awarded for their overall achievement too at the banquet.
again, it was an honour to serve. kudos to olga plagianakos and her deca team for their leadership and awesome talent with this world-class deca program!
1. comment/share your deca experience below if you were at this deca event (or another), are/have been a deca participant, or a volunteer (like me) ;-)
2. are you are a business leader looking to support the growth of our emerging business leaders: check out deca in your local community (there is a high school deca too). or message me and i’ll do my best to connect you (recall deca is in 8 countries).
3. who do you know in your family or community who shows entrepreneurial interest and potential, refer them to check out the deca programs at their local schools.
. - - -
* deca ontario is the 3rd largest in the deca global community (representing 200k+ members in eight countries). deca prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for the real-world of business through organized programs and events like this. 1, 500 enterprising students represented their university/college at this event.