33 minutes ago
Chicken curry, from my mom’s recipe collection 😍
chicken: 500 gms (bone in, use any part as per preference)
tomato puree: 4 tbsp
garlic: 4-5 cloves
ghee: 15 gm (the original recipe uses mustard oil, but a lot of people are not used to the taste)
cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
cumin and coriander powder: 1 tsp each
garam masala: 1 tsp
laal mirch (red chili) powder: 1 tsp
chicken masala: 1 tsp
turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
kasuri methi: 1 tsp
water as needed
note: the masalas used in this recipe are always very simple. the main difference in the taste comes because of the way you cook the masala. the process is called 'kasha'. 1. cut 1 onion into small pieces and 1 into thin slices. grate or crush the garlic.
2. in a kadhai/wok, add ghee. when hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and let them sizzle.
3. add chopped and sliced onions and cook until soft.
4. now add the crushed garlic and tomato puree, and all the dry masalas along with salt. mix well. cook on a medium flame until the masala starts sticking to the wok.
5. add some water (1/4 cup). mix and let it cook again until the masala starts sticking to the wok again.
6. repeat this adding water and letting it dry 3-4 times. this process is called kasha. this is what gives the maximum flavor to the gravy.
7. now add the chicken pieces and 1/2 cup water. cover and cook for about 15 mins or so. let the chicken cook through (time will depend on the size of the pieces)
8. remove the lid and cook until the gravy is super thick.
enjoy! tastes best if accompanied with paratha (flatbread) or rice! 😊
#delicious #deliciousfood #dailyfoodfeed #eeeeeats #foodporn #foodie #foodblogger #foodforfuel #foodgasm #foodgawker #foodfeed #feedfeed #bbcgoodfood #homemade #instafood #instafoodie #indian #lovefood #mykitchen #picoftheday #photooftheday #tasty #yummyfood #foodvsco #f52grams #odiafood #chickencurry #indianfood