Tag a food lover!! 😍
this baked eggplant parmesan rivals any fried version! 🍆🧀️ by @feelgoodfoodie #vegetarianrecipes
🔥check our link in bio to get your favorite kitchen gadgets🔥
💚 follow us @makeyourlifehealthier
also check out 👉 @non.stoptasty
for more! 💙
for the eggplant
2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
salt for sprinkling on eggplant
2 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup parmesan, shredded
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 ¼ cups low moisture mozzarella
for the marinara
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
fresh basil, for serving
1. place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel, salt the eggplant generously then apply another paper towel on top of the eggplant. let rest for 45 minutes, then wipe the excess liquid with a dry paper towel.
2. to make the marinara, cook the onions on low-medium heatuntil softened, for about 5 minutes, add garlic, and cook for about 4 minutes. once garlic begins to toast, add tomatoes and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
3. preheat oven to 400°f and lightly grease a baking sheet tray with olive oil. in one bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbswith olive oil and parmesan cheese. in a second bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water. place flour in third bowl.
4. toss the eggplant with the flour, dip each piece of eggplant into the egg wash then into the breadcrumbs, press the breadcrumbs onto the eggplant then place onto the prepared sheet tray. repeat with the remaining slices, place the eggplant into the oven and bake until the eggplant is browned, about 30 - 35 minutes.
5. spoon marinara to cover the bottom 9x13 baking dish, place half the eggplant on top of the marinara overlapping if necessary. spoon another layer of marinara over the top followed by ¾ cup mozzarella. apply the second half of the eggplant on top of the cheese followed by the remaining marinara and the remaining mozzarella cheese. cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes, then uncoverand broil until the cheese is golden and bubble, about 3-5 more minutes.