Flying solo! was so easy! of course it helped that zanu behaved like the perfect child, charmed all our neighbours (including a very grumpy uncle with a moustache).
here are some very important tips!
1. mamma's outfit- assuming you got the critter in a carrier and at some point you need to pee, elastic bands are the way to go. also be super comfy, there ain't no airport paparazzi waiting for you mamma!
2. cut the clutter- i realised how much useless s**t i usually carry when i travel with husband and baby. earplugs, hand cream, tea bags, all that what if 'i'm stuck on a deserted island' nonsense. so i ditched the giant purse + diaper bag + stroller bag combo and went for one single diaper + all my important stuff in a small sling bag that turned out to be 1 credit card + 1 pan card + 1 phone + 2000 rupees. the bag was one of those @mysamsonite
combi stroller + backpack kinds so i didn't have to carry it around!
3. what's in the bag!- we were travelling through 2 meals + now she is on the bottle. so we had - rice cakes/ @ellaskitchenuk
purees (there goes my budget) + @themumumco
snacks + hot water thermos + cold water thermos + 2 bottles + pre-measured formula box + water bottle + bib + napkins + diaper change stuff + some toys. that's it!
4. it's a friendly universe- and people are essentially good! @indigoairways
was fabulous and helped from check in to exit. everyone else played with baby, watched my bag while i went to the loo and was kind and helpful
5. shame people into behaving well- well this is india and there will always be some people who cut lines and push people around. stand your ground and shame them into behaving well. ask for help when you need it even if no one offers. "yo father of two with the tacky sunglasses and big stomach who has just been shouting at wife nonstop while she does everything for the kids! get my suitcase off the conveyer belt!" it was so much fun! we felt like we were adults both of us haha! we read the flight magazine, looked at the clouds and clapped when we landed! i can't wait to fly solo again with my baby girl!
#thetravellingchiaseed #travelwithkids #travelwithbaby #momlife #flyingsolo #momblogger