24 minutes ago
Tips for success after bariatric surgery ✍🏼
1) eat three meals a day.
2) eat protein and a carbohydrate choice at each meal. eat your protein first.
3) take 30 minutes to eat your meal.
4) chew your food to a pureed/mush consistency. this takes 20 to 30 chews.
5) eat nutrient-dense foods such as vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and lean meats.
6) do not eat calorie-dense foods such as chips, cookies, crackers, ice cream, fried food, candy, hot dogs, brats, and bologna.
7) do not eat non-nutrient-dense foods such as pretzels, rice cakes, and animal crackers.
8) drink 8 ounces of skim or soy milk for a snack three times a day. you can eat light yogurt or light greek yogurt instead of drinking milk.
9) do not drink carbonated fluids such as pop, juice, or alcohol. carbonation can stretch out your pouch. these drinks have extra calories and sugar that is not needed.
10) drink 6 or more cups of plain water a day.
which of these do you think is the most useful tip?
#weightlossriga #bariatricsurgery #bariatricsleeve #bariatricsupport #gastricbypass #gastricsleevesurgery #weightlosssurgerysupport #gastricsleeve #bariatricfood #bariatriclife