21 hours ago
It’s coronatime!! i’m sure you all have seen the news about the coronavirus outbreak that’s rapidly spreading across the world! recently, there have been reports of the spread in the us. i (joseph) work as an epidemiologist so this is both exciting and scary! having the ability to be involved in the response is really fulfilling! i feel like we’re in a real life version of contagion!
i wanted to share some tips about covid-19 and how to protect yourself!
1. wash your hands, henny! this is one of the best ways to protect yourself from a lot of different diseases, including corona.
2. don’t touch your face because that’s how the virus enters your body. also, touching your face can cause pimples.
3. stay home if you’re sick. if you share your home with others, try to separate yourself from them. wipe down commonly touched surfaces in your home.
4. cover your cough and sneezes using your elbow or tissue, not your hands. seriously. coughing into the air is gross!
5. it’s not a bad idea to stock up (but not hoard) medicine, non-perishable foods, household supplies.
6. if you have kids, see what your school’s plans are in the event of school closings. if you work, check out your employer’s work-from-home policy
7. don’t be racist! the fear and panic from this disease will not stop the virus.
8. stay informed. get your information from reliable sources like the cdc or your health department (the info above is information from the cdc)
if you have any questions, comment below!