in a minute
Kiddie pool fishing how-to guide
here’s what you’ll need:
• gracious living kiddie pool (any size) - can be purchased at your local @homedepot @homedepot
canada @canadiantire @homehardware @riteaid @millsfleetfarm @tractorsupply @toysruscanada
• magnets – small size for fish (get enough magnets for fish), 1 big size magnet for fishing rod
• kids toy fishing rod(s) – depending on how many kids playing – we got it from @walmartcanada
• crazy glue
• floating foam fishes – bought from dollar store
1. first depending on the fishing rod you get (if it comes with a lure or not) we can connect the magnet to bottom of the lure. if there is a flat surface on the bottom of the lure, glue one side of the magnet to it. if not, cut the bottom of the lure to make a flat surface and glue the magnet to the cut lure
2. if there is no lure, you can make you own out of any non-rusting material or tie the fishing line to the edge of the magnet as shown in image 5 (without lure) and glue along the edge. tip: use a cup or something to hold up the fishing rod
3. if there is no lure, then it does not matter which side of the magnet connects to the fishes. if there is a lure, then always connect the magnets prior to gluing to the fish (image 5/6 – with lure). this is to avoid the magnets from repelling each other
4. next start to glue the fishes to the small magnets. to determine how to connect the magnets to the fish read step 3. (images 5-8 – with lure)
5. wait for crazy glue to dry prior to playing the game.
how to play:
fill up the kiddie pool with water, toss the fish into the water and use the fishing rod to catch the fish! if playing with more than one person, you can race to see who catches the most fish!