1 minute ago
Barbecue chicken: the indian version
a recipe plucked straight from a mother’s cookbook that is surely going to be as delicious as it already looks. follow our recipe with attention to create this extremely tasty barbecue chicken that will definitely be a highlight to any outdoor event or gathering.
1 kg chicken
butter (required while barbecuing)
for the marinade
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
salt as needed
pinch of red or yellow colour
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup tomato puree
2-3 tbsp oil
1. begin with washing the chicken pieces with warm water.
2. in a large bowl, combine the ingredients of the marinade together.
3. now, using a knife cut across the chicken pieces in a series of three or four diagonal parallel cuts.
4. add the chicken pieces into the marinade and stir all the ingredients together.
5. allow the marination to rest for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
6. set the barbecue apparatus and pre heat the charcoal before placing the marinated chicken pieces.
7. once the charcoal is heated place the marinated chicken pieces over the grilling tray. swipe next to see the visual for this step.
8. as the chicken pieces start to cook brush a little butter on to pieces and flip the pieces as you grill for approximately an hour or less
9. check the chicken if it's fully cooked. once done, remove the cooked chicken pieces from the grill.
10. serve the barbecue chicken with green chutney and salad. you can also have the barbecue chicken with ketchup, hot sauce or mayonnaise.
#barbecue #chicken #tandoori #grill #healthy #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthyeating #recipeshare #healthychoices #cooking #food #foodporn #foodphotography #foodgram #foodaddict #learntocook #cook #chef #foodblogger