3 hours ago
Dinner idea - laksa! a local favourite in singapore, malaysia, and indonesia, laksa is a spicy noodle soup that contains vermicelli and a broth rich with the flavour of coconut. here’s a recipe by @taste_team
• 1/4 cup laksa paste (see note)
• 3 cups massel chicken style liquid stock
• 400ml can coconut milk
• 250g chang’s dried rice vermicelli noodles
• 400g medium green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
• 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
• 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
• 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
• lime wedges, to serve
1) heat laksa paste in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. add stock, coconut milk and 3 cups cold water. cover. bring to the boil. add noodles. simmer for 4 minutes or until noodles are tender. add prawns. simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
2) divide mixture between bowls. top with beansprouts, coriander and chilli. serve with lime wedges.