12 hours ago
The perfect side dish this thanksgiving, honey-garlic & orange roasted carrots 🥕 see below for my #recipe!
what you need:
- 3 packs of orange carrots (clean and peel) or 4 packs of petite tri-color carrots (cleaned and peeled already, prettier and easier!)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest - juice of 1 orange (zest before juicing)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- about 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
instructions - the carrots:
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. - toss the carrots in olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, on a baking sheet, single later so they roast and not steam. - bake for 40 mins
- on the stove top, in a little pot, combine pinch of salt and pepper, along with all the other ingredients (the minced garlic, orange juice, orange zest, honey, unsalted butter, splash of olive oil). - whisk, bring to a boil and reduce to low. this is your amazing “sauce”. finishing touch:
- once the carrots are done, pull them out, move them to a baking/serving dish (i love a pretty oval dish), the kind you plan to put them out on for thanksgiving guests. - pour the sauce over them. lightly toss. put that dish back in the oven for 5-10 mins so you get a little caramelization from the sugars in the juice and honey... pull out and serve!
#happythanksgiving #thanksgiving2018 #foodie #cooking #love #recipes #thanksgivingrecipes