🎃🎃🎃 mother nature doesn't gives us pumpkins in flu season for no reason. one serving of pumpkin provides half the recommended daily dose of vitamin c. they are also full of fibre,beta carotene, potassium, iron, calcium, cooper, zinc ...woohooa 🙉🙌🏻💚so here it is my pumpkin and turmeric soup recipe:
1.5kg (3.5ibs) pumpkin
1 tsp chilli
1 tbsp coriander seeds
3cm fresh turmeric
3 cloves garlic
1 stick of celery
1l bone broth or stock
olive oil, salt&pepper
1. preheat the oven to 170°c/340°f. remove the seeds from the pumpkin (you can keep these for roasting), and chop into wedges. place it on a baking tray and drizzle over olive oil.
2. grind the chilli and coriander seeds with a pinch of salt. sprinkle the spices over the pumpkin with some black pepper. roast the pumpkin for 1 hour, or until soft and slightly caramalised at the edges.
3. meanwhile, roughly chop turmeric and garlic and fry on olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan for few minutes, then add the onion, carrot and celery. once vegetable soft but not coloured add the bone broth (or stock) and cook for 15 minutes.
4. when the pumpkin is ready, add to the pan. blend with a stick blender, adding a little more water if needed.
5. transfer into bowls and add your favourite toppings (coriander, pumpkin seeds, creme fraiche or coconut cream or even crispy bacon 👌🏻) enjoy xx