4 hours ago
► in december 1994, onyx went on to times square's "quad recording studios" to record a track with method man "evil streets remix". in this song, rappers call themselves "ny giants" cause in this time onyx and wu-tang clan were giants in the hip-hop business of new york. don't forget that at this time the police and detectives were still working downstairs and trying to figure out who shot 2pac a few days ago. later dj ls one put his scratches on this song, and sonee seeza came with a completely different verse. in the spring of 1996, the song was released on mixtapes and thanks to dj envy now we can hear the original '94 version of this track. so check what has been locked for almost 25 years!! pure, uncut & raw!
• dj ls one: "onyx did song with method man... all he wanted was for us to do something with him on his new album"
• produced by fredro starr and 8-off assassin
• recorded by ken "duro" ifill at quad studios, nyc (december, 1994) (as well as "purse snatchaz remix")
• mixed by ken "duro" ifill at streetlight studios, nyc
• scratches: dj ls one
• contains a cut from main source "vamos a rapiar" - original by malcolm x: "if something is yours by right, then fight for it or shut up. if you can't fight for it, then forget it." (malcolm x at london school of economics, february 11, 1965)
• special for 23rd anniversary of "all we got iz us": @fredro_starr
• big up to dj ls one for helping with date of recording
• art by felix montana
• the song was discovered by felix montana in december, 2016 special for "cold case files vol.3". full original song: link in my bio - https://soundcloud.com/felixmontana/onyx-method-man-panama-pi-evil-streets-remix-original-1994
#coldcasefilesvol3 #evilstreetsremix #nygiants #onyx #methodman #panamapi #mainsource #malcolmx #djlsone #allwegotizus #defjam #quadstudios #quadrecordingstudios #2pac #rip2pac #kenduroifill #streetlightstudios