3 hours ago
Ok well here's the skinny on the the santa claus half marathon! it was fun in a nutshell. the course was relatively flat. only a portion of it was actually trail.
it was a very scenic route and you got to see the medieval portions of torun, a great river side view and a lot of the newly renovated cityscape. the trail portion reminds me of the running trails back home in tn without janormous roots protruding from the ground to make you slip, trip, or fall.
but as with any race you run for any distance they will never be what you expect. here's what i didnt expect.
1. i could not locate the toi toi at the start line
2. no water stops or toi tois along the route until the 7thish 8thish kilometer marker.
3. 2 water stops back to back at the 7th(8th) and 8th(9th) kilometers points
where are the nutritional points on individual routes?
nope not even close!
4. no finish photo of me. craighas pictures but not me!( craig and i crossed togetherish)
5. the metal to be that big or that heavy. it's a frigging santa hat bell(uber cool)
6. the weather to be kind and nice to us.(it rained a little but stopped shortly after the start. it could have been snowing.
it was a really nice race and i dont have a whole lot to say bad about it. i loved everything about it from the packet pickup to the after race meal. if i had to do it again i would happily say yes and trot right along!
check out some of my pics!
#morningpraise #morningprayer #icaniwill #paintedtshirtcrew #fitness #armystrong #armylife #gymmotivation #memphisrunner #blackgirlmagic #beyouthroughandtrue #womanofsteel #bishimfabulousandfrommemphis #memphisdiva #fieldartillery #gym #fitnessfreak #fitnessgoals #gymlifestyle #usarmysoldier #noexcuses #missioncontrol #fittofight #goarmy #halfmarathoner #ilovetorun