1 hour ago
Facts about natalie portman:
•she often broke down and cried offstage while part of the broadway adaptation of "the diary of anne frank" in 1997, where she portrayed anne frank, because of her personal connections to the events. her grandparents lost most of their family members in the holocaust including her paternal great grandparents who were killed at the auschwitz concentration camp in poland.
• bears a striking resemblance to keira knightley. knightley played sabé, the queen's decoy, in star wars: episode i - the phantom menace (1999). when in makeup, not even the mothers of the actresses could tell them apart.
• she was discovered in a pizza parlor and was originally turned down for the role of mathilda in léon (1994) because she was too young.
•graduated from harvard college in cambridge, massachusetts in 2003 with a artium baccalaureus degree in psychology.
• has taken dance lessons since the age of 4. still takes ballet classes.
• footage of her and leonardo dicaprio as juliet and romeo in baz luhrmann's romeo + juliet (1996) was actually shot before executives had her replaced with claire danes due to the age difference between natalie and leonardo.
• was a vegetarian from 1989 until 2009 when after reading the book eating animals she opted to become a vegan. however she resumed vegetarianism after falling pregnant with her son aleph to give him the necessary supplements and also due to her insatiable craving for eggs and cheese. following her son's birth she resumed veganism once again.
• there is a band named after her: natalie portman's shaved head.
• turned down the title role in adrian lyne's lolita (1997), due to her feelings about young adult actors/actresses being exposed to s*x in films.
• listens mostly to r&b, old school hip-hop and 1990s alternative rock. some of her favorite groups and artists are a tribe called quest, radiohead, stevie wonder, portishead, wu-tang clan and nirvana.
• has said in interviews that when she gets older, she would like to be a doctor like her father.
• replaced eva green in closer (2004).