Today i took an l, my plan for engine mounts didnt work. engine sat way too low and we didnt have any space to move the engine up. then came the pain of finding the correct sized hardware for the cxracing oil pickup. after 3.5 hours, the oil pan is in, which is a step forward!
Out with the trusty old l24 & 4 speed! this honestly wasnt as easy as pulling a 327 v8 like i did with with my first z, but was still a fairly simple pull! time for a massive engine bay clean up! big thanks to my big bro and my pops for helping me out!
The engine is pretty much done, minus a few hoses i havent put on since im not sure where they go. sounds like its time to rip out the z's old engine, continue with a big cleanup, and save up some cash!
Datway. im really digging this color combination! got the valve covers gasket'd and painted. the hot side of the engine will be reassembled come thursday, then the long awaited task of replacing every hose on the engine possible. these engines have 20x more hoses than a regular ls engine 😂
Datway. the rb engine block and plenty of the main components underwent a big clean up, and a good coat or 2 of engine enamel. exhaust parts were sprayed with black vht paint, and others were painted with this cool glossy grey engine enamel. by the end of this week, the hot side of the engine will be assembled, engine mounts will be on, along with all the new hoses.
Datway. all these car parts, but no time to install. i might just hoard until i get everything and dedicate the day for installs/reassembly of the engine. more pics to come of the engine once its all cleaned up. the engines color scheme will give a pretty good idea of what the color the car is going to be! @nickoftime2