Juicy turkey, bursting with garlic herb flavours, crazy crispy skin and the most outrageous garlic butter gravy!!!! hands down the easiest, safest and most amazing way to cook turkey b****t without brining! .
there’s 2 vids today - one for the turkey, one for the gravy. enjoy! n x ❤️
slow cooker garlic butter turkey breast
2.5 - 3 kg / 5-6 lb single turkey b****t , skin on, bone in
1/2 tsp salt, black pepper
1 brown onion and 1 head of garlic , halved horizontally
3 sprigs rosemary, 8 sprigs thyme (optional)
garlic herb butter:
150 g / 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 4 large garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh sage, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves and parsley, fresh (or 6 tsp dried herbs)
garlic butter gravy: 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp + dark soy sauce (or gravy colouring) optional
1. mix garlic butter ingredients. slather 2/3 under skin of turkey, then remainder all over. sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. put garlic and onion in slow cooker, place turkey on top, put rosemary and thyme sprigs on top.
3. slow cook 6 hours on low or until internal temp is 75c/165f – check at 5 hours.
4. remove b****t onto tray, cover with foil, rest 20 minutes. remove foil, drizzle with oil. grill/broil 5 – 10 min until skin is super crispy and deep golden. serve with gravy!
5. gravy: strain slow cooker juices, skim off ¼ cup fat, put in saucepan over medium. bring to simmer, stir in flour 1 min. add all juices, simmer 3 – 5 min until thickened. use dark soy sauce to darken if desired, then add salt and pepper to taste. .
#bhgfood#huffposttaste #recipe #igfood
#instayum#hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo #thanksgivingturkey #slowcookerturkey #turkeybreast