Today is national plan for vacation day in the us! a day when you're encouraged to look at the year ahead and actually get some vacation days down on the calendar - don't be like so many americans who let them go to waste!
if you need some trip ideas for 2020, i've come up with some for you based on some of my favorite trips! save this post for later!
1. for warm-weather getaways, think about places like scottsdale, arizona in the us and maybe aruba abroad.
2. if wintry weather is more your speed, start planning a trip to northern norway in the winter, or greenland in the summer.
3. for a city break or long weekend trip in the us, why not consider new orleans, nashville, or even cleveland, ohio?
4. for a city break in europe, my favorites are edinburgh, scotland, and lisbon, portugal.
5. if you want epic scenery in the us, you can't go wrong with southern utah or oregon.
6. for epic scenery abroad, the scottish isles, the faroe islands (pictured here), and new zealand all top my list.
7. if you're craving an exotic adventure that's not *too* culturally shocking, consider istanbul, turkey, or morocco.
8. if you want to just sit back and enjoy the ride on vacation, look into a danube river cruise in europe (i like avalon waterways), or maybe a trip on the rocky mountaineer train in canada.
9. is wildlife tourism is your jam? then you can't go wrong with a safari in tanzania, or a trip to churchill, manitoba to see polar bears in the wild.
10. and if you're a foodie, then you gotta go to italy. the city of bologna is my pick for foodie heaven.
tell me: what vacations are you planning for 2020?