Miso ramen by @alexafuelednaturally
follow us @vegspirationfeed
for daily vegan recipes .
miso vegan ramen
6 cups filtered water
1 1/2 tbsp vegan bouillon paste (i used vegetarian “beef”)
3 green onions
3 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 can slices bamboo shoots (8 ounce can)
3 garlic cloves
2 1/2 tbsp miso paste
1/2 cup spinach, roughly chopped
small bunch cilantro, for garnish
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 avocado, sliced
4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 ramen noodle packets (each 3.5 ounces... toss out the seasoning packets and only use noodles)
1/2 container firm tofu (7 ounces), cubed
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
avocado oil or coconut oil
1. bring water to a boil then add bouillon paste, garlic, ginger, sliced bamboo shoots and green onions to a boil. boil for 40 minutes.
2. meanwhile prepare toppings. in a large pan heat 1 tsp coconut oil or oil of choice. add frozen corn, mushrooms and spinach and sauté for 3 minutes or until all cooked. season with salt and pepper.
3. for the crispy tofu place tofu cubes on a large plate. season tofu will salt then evenly dust the corn starch over to tofu. heat a large pan over medium heat. add 1 1/2 tsp avocado oil or coconut oil. add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes on each size of the tofu cube. on the same pan make room for the avocado, slice avocado and cook on both sides for 1 minute! (i used a grill pan, so if you want the grill marks, go for it!)
4. add the miso paste to the broth and ensure it fully dissolves. simmer for 2 additional minutes then place a strainer over a large bowl.
5. return the strained broth to a large pot, bring broth to a boil then add ramen noodles, cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are cooked (may vary depending on brand of noodles and directions on the package.)
divide noodles between two bowls, add the spinach,avocado, corn, crispy tofu, mushrooms, chopped cilantro and a slice lime. enjoy!