Y’all went nuts over these homemade vegan dumplings on my stories! 🥜🤪
try it with a plum dipping sauce or throw them in some broth for a soup!
recipe: vegan dumplings!! 🥟🤤 (makes about 30)
- pre-made vegan dumplings wraps
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 t. avocado or sesame oil
- 2 t. garlic powder
- s + p to taste
- chili flakes, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (bulk at @sprouts
- 8-11 crimini mushrooms (bulk at @sprouts
- 2 t. hoisin sauce
- 1 t. liquid aminos
- plum sauce
1. drain, squeeze out water, and crumble tofu into a hot pan with 1 t. of avocado oil or sesame oil. season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili flakes. add hoisin sauce and liquid aminos. leave it cooking and stir occasionally. don’t be afraid to let it get a lil crispy.
2. chop the walnuts in a food processor.
3. wash and chop the mushrooms in the food processor.
4. once the tofu has begun to brown a bit, add mushrooms. stir until they soften and add the walnuts. let it sit and cook for a minute or two to let the flavors combine. turn off the stove and remove from heat.
5. prep your dumpling wrapping station with dough wraps, a bowl with water, and a dry space to put your dumplings without crowding. be careful not to wet the dough unless you’re folding the dumplings.
6. work with one dough wrapper in your station at a time. add about 1-2 t. of the filling onto a wrapper. using your dominant hand lift the dough from one side like a taco. with the other begin to pleat the dough into about 1/4” overlapping pleats, directing the edge of the dough to the center of the dumpling. wet your fingers as needed to give the dough grip. the consistency reminded me of throwing in ceramics class. follow the edge of the dough, pleating in a circle until your pleats meet together in the middle. pinch the top of the dumpling pleats together to seal it off. set aside.
7. set up your steamer. add a tiny bit of oil to the bottom of the steamer so they don’t stick. place 1 finger space from each other. cook 9-10 minutes. be aware of the steam when you open the pot!
comment what you think!
save this for the future!