1 hour ago
• pesticides -------------------------
information courtesy of: theorganicplace.com.au.
• did you know there are over 80 pesticides used in australia that are banned in other countries?.
• that is 17 pesticides that may cause cancer, 48 that potentially may disrupt hormones and 30 that are classified as either extremely dangerous or highly hazardous by the world health organisation.
• why oh why would australia be allowing such harmful chemicals to be sprayed all over our produce? well in australia it has to be proven by scientific evidence that a pesticide is unsafe for humans before it can be banned. this means years can go by before they can prove a pesticide unsafe- and that is even if there is a research group dedicated to proving it otherwise!.
• ok, i guess we can just wash it off right? wrong! washing your fruit and vegetables does not get rid of all pesticides! if you have celery which has no protective skin then it is almost impossible to wash off these chemicals. grapes have a soft skin so pesticides are actually able to p*******e the skin & be absorbed by the fruit- this is the case for a lot of fruits and vegetables. .
• well what can we do about it? hack number one: we can make smarter food choices, this i touched upon on an earlier post (6 posts back with me pointing at my food).
• hack number 2: clean your produce well by using my personal arsenal of pesticide busting recipe. soak your fruit and vegetables in cold water, add 1 cup of "bragg apple cider vinegar" and 10 drops of #doterra #onguard
have questions? want to know more about living a healthy natural lifestyle? let me know and dm me!