2 hours ago
I get questions about our class library so i’ll answer here. if i leave something out, ask below! 📚
1. books are largely organized by author’s last name. we use the spine labels from @lessonswithlaughter
and they are amazing. 📚
2. we have some books in baskets and it’s mostly to help students with the 40 book challenge. i use baskets to group some samples of mystery, historical fiction, ect. the labels on those baskets are from @literacyforbigkids.
3. bookcases are from ikea and i *love* them. it was an investment but my pervious target ones just weren’t meant for so much use. 📚
4. we have paint sticks (spray painted black) to divide between author’s last name but with the spine labels, we really don’t need them anymore. 📚
5. i let my kids take these home and yes, i lose some and yes, i’ve spent a small fortune on them. but, i truly believe kids need to live in a book flood so i’ll always use any extra money to stock (or replace) books. 📚
6. book stands on the top are from dollar tree and walmart and it’s the class librarians’ job to feature books they like!
i hope that helps!