In a bid to be better at spreading the word about my own shop, and because i believe in championing other small businesses too, i’m taking part in the @justacard
instagram challenge this week 🙌 search the #justacard
hashtag to discover loads of amazing independent businesses!
first up is to share 10 facts about me, so here we go...
1. i’m debbie - designer and laser cutter operator, married to that man in the picture (ant) & mum to that little one year old in the picture (darby).
2. i was mates with ant when i was 17, but we lost touch for 13 years, until i found him on facebook with long hair and *had* to get in touch (always had a thing for long hair on men 😍).
3. we got married in 2015 and spent the first year of married life living with my mum in my childhood home, due to massively bad luck with our renovation project (@anorthernnest
4. the first thing i made with my laser cutter was actually christmas decorations. i stopped selling them here, but you can find them over at @nutkin_and_noodle
(little plug for my other shop there 😉).
5. inspiration for the coasters came later, during my challenge to summit all the wainwrights in one year (which i *just* managed!) i walked 72 of the 214 alone.
6. i also walked wainwright’s coast to coast on my own, the following year.
7. whilst i’m on the subject of wainwright, we were both born in the same town of blackburn. i completely understand why he was so in love with the lakes!
8. i managed to escape blackburn for a gap year in australia, my uni days in leeds, a year living in york, and a year in toronto. i will always be a bit sad i didn’t get to stay in canada.
9. the best decision i made this year was to convince ant to buy a caravan. i spent my childhood on camping & caravanning holidays, and i’m so excited for darby to do the same.
10. i’m a massive introvert (infj for any myers-briggs fans), and struggle with social anxiety (although ant says i’m good at hiding it 😂). i’m trying to get better, because i‘d like to meet the people i’ve connected with on instagram 👍
tldr: shop small please! 😁