Eggplant & zucchini gratin
who said gratin can't get twisted into healthy ?!
gratin is originally a french culinary technique "in which an ingredient is topped with a browned crust, often using breadcrumbs, grated cheese, egg and/or butter."
trying to turn this " high in f*t " dish into a healthier one was simple and the result came out 😋
. ingredients (4 servings)
1 big eggplant cut in half
4 big zucchinis diced
1 big onion diced
1 tomato diced
200 gr ground lean beef
12% f*t fresh cream
red sauce (tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt)
3 slices of light mozarella cheese
1. peal the eggplant and cut it in half. empty it with a spoon or knife, remove the inside chunks, dice them and leave them aside. the egglant should look like an empty bowl.
. sprinkle some salt on top of it , cover and put in the oven for 20 min.
2.in a pan, grill half of the onion with water and add the ground beef with some salt and pepper. leave aside.
3. in another pan, grill the rest of the onion with few drops of water until they get a golden color.
.add the diced chunks of eggplant and the diced zucchinis and cook them with the onions till tender
.add the diced tomato on top and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
4. add the cooked ground beef on top of the the previous mixture. emerge with half of the red sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
5. remove the eggplants from the oven, make sure they became tender and fill them with the previous mixture. . pour the rest of the red sauce inside of the plate, cover and put back in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. remove from the oven take some of the red sauce pour it in a pan and add the fresh 12% f*t fresh cream, cook together for 3 minutes, add a sprinkle of white pepper.
.pour the sauce on top of the eggplants and in the plate. put back in the oven witout covering for 10 minutes.
#eggplant #gratin #lowfatgratin #instafood #homecooking #vegetables #healthywithlea #livelovefood #whatsuplebanon #