21 minutes ago
Whew!!! today marks 2 months since i embarked on my new healthy lifestyle. i made it a point to celebrate my progress by posting pics.
i'm down 8 pounds and i'm slimming down a lil bit.
this journey is teaching me discipline, consistency, and self-love.
i started this journey because i was unhealthy, overweight and very depressed. i had no energy. i was eating fast food every day. i was a mess. i talked so negatively to myself. i was slowly killing myself.
as a result of my changes i eat better, sleep better, think better and speak better to myself. im learning how to love myself more, too.
here are some things i learned:
1. don't compare your journey to others. who cares how fast and how much weight someone else lost?
2. to see lasting change, realize that it's a lifestyle that requires a daily commitment.
3. the first 30 days is the honeymoon.
4. the next 30 tests your consistency and tendency to give up if you tend to start and stop things.
5. choose exercises and activities that work for you. for example, i don't run because it's h*****n my knees and discourages me from working out.
6. try new foods and prepare as much of your own food as possible. drink more water.
7. don't jump on every fad or weight loss supplement. research if you do, but gain control of what you eat. nutrition is key.
8. commit to your goal. get accountability partners.
9. focus on your health habits, not the scale. keep a health journal.
10. love yourself at your current size no matter what.
11. eliminate excuses and distractions. i knew my hair would be an issue so i got braids.
remember, this is your journey. ignore the naysayers.
i'm happy with my results and i'm feeling myself more each day.