Hold my pizza real quick 🍕 let me tell you a little background on me. i was once so obsessed with being healthy that i wouldn't have any cheat meals. 🤐 zilch. nada. none. i had lost 50lbs and i was so afraid of gaining it all back. i deprived myself of specific foods and even had a category of foods called "no-no foods" that i wouldn't dare put in my mouth. on my 22nd birthday, my coworkers had gotten me a birthday cake and i didn't even eat a slice because i was so afraid of getting "fat". i actually took a bite in front of them and went and spit it out in the garbage can. sad, right?
it took me a long time to realize this wasn't being "healthy," this was being obsessive and that i was setting the wrong example for everyone else. 🚫 now, i abide by the 80/20 rule where i like to eat healthy 80% of the time while leaving 20% of my time for some indulgence (pizza, ice cream, donuts, whatever). it's all about moderation. and if i indulge, i don't punish myself by jumping on the treadmill for an hour or skipping a meal.
i'm much happier today now that i actually enjoy myself. i've learned there's a balance that you must strive for. you cannot be completely on one end of either side of the spectrum. people have this idea that being fit means you have to avoid certain foods, but that's not true. not one bit. i just wanted to point this out! this girl loves some pizza, okay? 🍕