2 days ago
The one thing you should know about all my travels, the fancy hotels, the perfect nyc apartment, the amazing food spreads, the couple goals photoshoots...none of that defines my “real life”. these are just my highlights that also come with a ton of hard work, stress, failures and difficult times in my life. i truly love creating amazing content for the world to see, but i know how important it is to be fully transparent behind the content. i’m going to tell you some truths about me and i hope i can inspire you to write about your truths.
1. anxiety gets the best of me. i was badly bitten by mosquitos in fiji, and there is a mosquito virus going around there currently, so we booked the next flight back to la. i was suffering from major anxiety and caught a fever, so i didn’t want to stay there if it worsened. i’m fine now, but my anxiety really caught up to me during the trip.
2. last year i went through a depression and lost my confidence, so i became afraid to post photos of my face. i finally feel like i’m gaining that confidence back. this one breaks my heart to write because i know how many of you women i inspire—and i never ever want to let you down.
3. i’m still figuring myself out. i still feel like i don’t have all the answers even though my life may seem put together. i’m so good at giving advice and helping others, but it’s harder for me to take my own advice at times.
4. last year i lost a lot of money. like a lot. and it was because of a poor business decision i made. i was irresponsible and i trusted my short term thinking versus my long term goals and my intuition. lesson learned: always trust your gut.
5. my relationship is not couple goals — it’s a constant work in progress to be better and to grow together. it’s not easy living with someone and working together for 3 years straight. i can guarantee this is true for 99% of couples who post their relationship all over ig.
writing these down and openly admitting them is one of the most relieving things i’ve done in awhile. it’s hard to show who you are sometimes through instagram when it’s so curated all the time. i would love to hear one of your truths in the comments below 💛🦋